A REsource for STudents, Teachers, and Parents
Daily Homework for Students
Each day, you are expected to study the materials you learned (refer to the Reading and Writing Notebook), read a book of your choice that's appropriate for your reading level for at least 30 minutes, and finish any unfinished classwork as homework.
What's due each day of the week?
Monday through Friday:
1. READ a leveled book and log reading minutes in the Reader's Notebook with parent signature. It is highly recommended that you read at least 30-40 minutes every night. Don't forget to "stop and jot" some answers to the comprehension questions for your level.
2. Practice 5 sight words in the Sight Words List. You might also want to look at Fry's Instant Sight Words daily for more sight words to spell and memorize.
3. Study spelling & vocabulary of the week from the Grammar, Spelling, and Vocabulary Book.
4. Work on your Social Studies or Science Project research. Presentations are due every 12 weeks.
5. Memorize at least 5 of the 50 States and Capitals each day, try singing along the Fifty Nifty States and finish any unfinished classwork. For 5th Graders, here's a song with map. Below are some questions to make you think about the landmarks and countries world wide.
6. Answer assigned daily math problems.
Daily Parent Checklist
Each day, please help your child succeed by doing the following:
I will be using Blackboard Connect, Schoology, and ClassDojo to communicate with you. As always, emails are also welcome.
For more information on grades, please download the Parent Resource Page.)